Thursday, January 13, 2011

Getting busy

One of the things I wanted to do with this blog is write a post after every run, no matter how short. But sometimes life intrudes. I've been extremely busy the past couple of weeks, and it's been all I can do to get the runs in. After the snowstorm and ice storm, the runs have been treacherous, so it's not like there hasn't been stuff to write about.

But the most important thing is to keep running, and I've done that. I did 8.2 miles yesterday, when the roads were so bad that even people walking their dogs were surprised to see a runner out there. I'd still say it was much better than running on a treadmill! Even though I only managed 9-minute miles, it was great to be back outside

Today I only needed to do a 5-mile recovery run. I did 4.8.

For the next three days, I'm to be out of town at a research conference. I need to run 29 miles over those days. Here's hoping I can manage it.

No comments:

Post a Comment